Sunday, February 1, 2015

Loving Life

Well, there are still boxes of Christmas decorations in the basement that need to be put away.
But, I finally feel that I am back...in action...feeling great.




To celebrate we headed off for an evening of snowshoeing with friends
along the St. Lawrence river.
Trust me, if you have never gone snowshoeing at night you are really missing out on something special. We had our headlamps with us but we really didn't need them.

The quiet is amazing,
the lights of homes along the river is really enchanting
and sounds of snow and ice crunching beneath your snowshoes adds to the sense of adventure.

A few more months of winter so time to embrace it.
Yep, back to loving life!!

Oh and I actually have a project that I am working on and hoping to share with you this week.
Thank you for the get well wishes.
Very appreciated.

9 comments:

  1. So glad to hear you feel better. I have never been snowshoeing but if we lived in the snow I believe it is something that I would do. I loved cross country skiing when I was younger. It's wonderful exercise and yes the quiet is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snowshoeing sounds amazing. We keep promising ourselves a night time woodland walk to look for our local Owls. We'll get round to it one day.

    Jean
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have gone snowshoeing before, but never at night. The fresh air, the excercise...it's always a lot of fun. Glad you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you're feeling great. I think I need some snow here because snowshoeing seems like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you're feeling better and were able to get out and snowshoe in the dark. I've never done that. I've skated, and sledded and snowmobiled in the dark though. As long as I'm dressed warm and have a bit of light it would be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a happy picture. I'm so sorry you got sick, but what a relief to know you've got your old self back. Snowshoeing at night sounds magical except for the cold :) remember me? I'm a cold weather wimp.. I like my snow with lots of sunshine and warm temps ha.
    hugs
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you're feeling better, Donna. Love that photo with the pop of blue.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad you're better and loving life again, though it must be very cold. It's about -1 here and we had about half an hour of snow yesterday and I'm fr-fr-freezing !!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad your feeling better. I don't want to trade the hot summer for the cold! Though it sure is pretty. I don't know why Bloglovin is so slow in showing updates.

    ReplyDelete

You can leave a comment....totally up to you....Yep, I do love it when you do!