Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Christmas Decorating in the Dining Room

Well, eventually I will put this all together into one post
titled Christmas House Tour
but
for now I have broken it down
until we actually get the tree up later in the week.


I have mentioned before that we always trim the tree as a family
so we need to wait until our daughter arrives home.

In the meantime,
the dining room is complete with....
simple adornments, such as,
Amaryllis waiting to bloom ...

Along with beautifully carved Christmas Santas
made by my sister
and given as gifts years ago.



and a simple twig wreath with fresh boughs
and a red polka dot bow


and an additional Santa collection.


and now we are waiting to trim the tree,
while eating a lovely fondue
and Christmas goodies.



Getting there slowly is half the fun for me...
and the other is all the memories that will be created in our home over the next month.

How about you.... are you fully decorated or slow like me?

Sharing with:

A Stroll Thru Life: Inspire Me Tuesday
Elizabeth & Co: Be Inspired 
Savvy Southern Style: Wow us Wednesday

13 comments:

  1. Simple and elegant. I like this. I tend to get more stuff out every week. I was finished over a week ago and I'm still moving things around and changing things. LOL Are you in line for this big nor'easter tonight? Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! We are almost done, but it needs some tweaking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donna, your dining room looks wonderful! I love all the festive touches you added. I am officially done decorating, although it did take me some time to get there. I was constantly moving & shifting things around! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very simple and pretty! I love that you do the tree as a family. I'm slow, too. I like to do the tree first but since we get a live one, we need to wait a bit. I try to decorate around it but it seems the inspiration comes when that beauty is lit up in the living room!

    I just love the carved Santa's your sister made, she is very talented.

    I hope to get a post up tomorow with some of the Christmas decor I have fiddled with, please come by!

    Jane xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its perfect! and just the right amount of Christmas! I love the big black hutch, where did it come from? Your sister is very talented with her carvin skills! I am done decorating here and will be finishing up some posts in the next few days . Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous, Donna! I love everything you do. I love the Santas your sister made for you. xoxo A lot is done here, but the "dining room" or dining areas both off the kitchen and on the porch are covered with creativity, school work, and laundry! I may try to tackle one of those spots, but the other will be picked up before guests. Enjoy the time with family! Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Serene, elegant with a whimsical touch. Your dining room is soooo lovely. Or maybe I'm just describing You. wink.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beautiful dining room, Donna, love your furniture and Christmas decor. The amaryllis urns are striking, have you had them a while? Patty

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your dining room is so, so pretty. I do love everything about it! Your Santa collection is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your wreath on that gorgeous vintage cabinet!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I was super slow! You're doing really well to have all done apart from the tree and looking amazing!

    ReplyDelete

You can leave a comment....totally up to you....Yep, I do love it when you do!